- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats**
- 2 Tbsp (20 g) shelled hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 – 1 cup (180 – 240 ml) unsweetened almond milk***
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup****
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (optional but highly recommended)
- The night before, add all the ingredients to the bowl of your blender and blend on high until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached. Transfer the smoothie to a glass or jar, cover, and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- The next morning, remove your smoothie from the fridge, add desired toppings, and enjoy! If your smoothie is too thick, stir in a few splashes of almond milk to achieve your desired consistency.
* Cook time refers to chilling time. ** Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need this to be gluten-free. You can also reduce the oats to 1/4 up and add a scoop of your favourite chocolate or vanilla protein powder to add extra protein. *** I like my smoothies on the thicker/moussier side, so I use 3/4 cup. If you like your smoothies to be more drinkable as opposed to spoonable, use 1 cup of milk. *** You can also sub this out for 1 large Medjool date or 1/2 banana.
Disclaimer: This article is originally published on https://www.runningwithspoons.com/