Heaps of spiralized zucchini noodles and lemon-marinated veggies are tossed in a protein-packed vegan hemp seed alfredo and finished with a touch of vegan parmesan. This dish is as fun to eat and satisfying as it is nourishing. It’s packed with omega-3s, plant-based protein, and healthy fats.
Servings- 2 to 3
- 4 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2heaping cups baby spinach, chiffonaded (very thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 recipe Hemp Seed Alfredo Sauce
- Small handful fresh basil leaves, chiffonaded (very thinly sliced)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Use a spiralizer to spriralize the zucchini into pasta/noodles. Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to shave the zucchini lengthwise, forming long, ribbon-like noodles.
- Add the zucchini noodles, red bell pepper, and spinach to a large mixing bowl. Pour the lemon juice over the noodles and veggies and toss to coat. Let the noodles marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Hemp Seed Alfredo Sauce.
- Add the basil and pour as much of the Alfredo sauce as desired over the zucchini pasta. Toss to coat. Taste and season with sea salt and black pepper, to taste. If desired, sprinkle on a bit of vegan parmesan cheese*.
- Divide between bowls and serve immediately.
*You can use store-bought vegan parmesan cheese or homemade. If you opt for homemade, simply add ¼ cup raw cashews/almonds/hemp seeds, 2 to 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes, and ¼ to ½ teaspoon sea salt to a food processor and process for 10 to 15 seconds or until the texture resembles grated parmesan. Sprinkle on as much as desired and refrigerate leftovers.**This recipe can easily be cut in half if you’re looking to serve 1 to 2 people. Just remember to also cut the Hemp Seed Alfredo Sauce in half.
Disclaimer: This article is originally published on https://www.blissfulbasil.com/