Servings: 2 smoothies
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- ½ cup raw cashews soaked for 2-4 hours, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 frozen banana cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 Medjool dates pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups ice
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon hemp hearts optional
- Combine all of the ingredients in your blender in the order listed above. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides of the blender if necessary. Pour into two glasses and top each with ½ teaspoon of hemp hearts, if desired.
If your blender seems to be struggling to blend the ingredients you can add more coconut milk ¼ cup at a time until it runs smoothly.
Disclaimer: This article is originally published on ohmyveggies.com